Weddings & Events
The Portchester Community Centre is a beautiful venue ideal to host your wedding, engagement or anniversary celebration. We will work with you to accommodate your requirements and needs. We will look after you on your special day ensuring everything goes smoothly, leaving you to relax and enjoy your treasured moments.
Hall Dimensions: 9.6m x 17.4m
Facilities open for viewing from 9am to 9pm Monday to Thursday, 9am – 5pm Fridays and Saturdays and Sundays on request. You can make an appointment by calling us on 023 92 32 1787.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for obtaining such licences as may be needed from the Performing Right Society, from Phonographic Performance Ltd or other licences required including the sale of intoxicating liquor and the observance of those same licences.
- The Hirer shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
- The Hirer shall comply will all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, the local Magistrates’ Court or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which includes public dancing, music or other similar public entertainment or stage plays.
- The Hirer shall, if preparing, serving or selling food observe all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
- The Hirer shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought by him/her to the premises and used there shall be safe and in good working order, and should be used in a safe manner. If equipment brought into the building is faulty this could result in the electric trip switches being activated and the resultant loss of power will be the responsibility of the hirer.
- The Hirer is responsible that good order is maintained during the period of hire where sound amplification is used ensuring that no disturbance or nuisance is caused to persons in the locality giving rise to a formal complaint.
- The main hall is fitted with a noise restrictor; this will cut power if the noise level goes above the accepted level.
- The Hirer shall ensure that the minimum of noise is made on arrival and departure.
AT THE END OF THE HIRING
- At the end of the hiring, the Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surroundings in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured unless directed otherwise by the Centre Management and any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced, otherwise the Trustees shall be at liberty to make an additional charge. All solid waste e.g. bottle, cans packaging etc. to be removed from the premises by the Hirer.
- Property of the user must be removed immediately on completion of the hire of the building (unless storage has been agreed with the Trustees). Further charges will be raised until the same is removed if not done immediately.
- The Centre Management/Trustees accept no responsibility for any property left in the building. Regular users are advised to seek separate insurance to cover their members, activities and any property used or stored on the premises.
- The Hirer shall indemnify the Centre Management/Trustees for the cost of repair for any damage done to any part of the property including the curtilage thereof or contents of the buildings which may occur during the period of the hiring as a result of the hiring.
DEFECT OR INJURIES
- A book to record defects and injuries is maintained on the premises at Reception. The Hirer must record in this book any problem, breakage, injury, use of first aid supplies, etc. If a defect is hazardous, the Hirer must take immediate safety measures, and report the defect to a member of the centre staff immediately. Defective equipment must not be used until it has been repaired and inspected.
BOOKING REFUSUAL AND CANCELLATIONS
- The Centre Management reserves the right to cancel this hiring, in which case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit or payment already paid.
- In the event of the building or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired, the Centre Management shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
- The Centre Management reserve the right to refuse a booking without notice.
- All charges shall be paid direct to Portchester Community Centre. Payments must be made in advance. Cheques made payable to: Portchester Community Centre Ltd.
- It is important that any queries or problems with payments are brought to our attention immediately.
- All hirers must sign and adhere to the cancellation policy.
Children’s Birthday Parties
|£100 no returnable deposit.Less than 60 days’ notice 100%|
Other Room Hire
|60 – 30 days notice 50%|
|Less than 30 days notice 100%|
- The Centre Management may, at their discretion, retain all or part of the deposit charged if any of the above conditions are not met and the user will be further responsible for any additional costs incurred for replacements, repair of damage, extra cleaning or other expenses incurred by the hire.