Give your child a birthday party to remember at Portchester Community Centre. Ideal venue whether you are organising the party entertainment yourself, have a children’s entertainer booked or wish to bring in a bouncy castle or soft play equipment.
Smaller celebrations and events can be catered for from only £8.50 per hour. All bookings include use of the kitchen and garden on request.
Payment and booking
A non-refundable £55.00 deposit is required at the time of booking, the balance (if applicable) to be paid one month before the date of the booking, along with a breakages/damages deposit of £50.00 which will be returned after inspection of the facility, after your booking.
We now have a Bouncy Castle and Soft Play we hire out for an additional £65.00
CONDITIONS OF HIRING
- Children’s Birthday Parties: We currently offer a children’s 3 hour hall hire package for £55 (including set up and pack away). Bookings are non-fundable. The total cost of the party, along with a £50 breakages/damages payment must be paid at the time of booking.
- Other functions (excluding children’s birthday parties and wedding receptions): Hirers must pay a non-refundable deposit of £55 at the time of booking. Full payment is due 30 days prior to the date of the event.
- Wedding Receptions: All hirers must pay a non-refundable deposit of £100.00 at the time of booking. Full payment is due 60 days prior to the date of the event.
- All bookings are subject to breakages/damages payment of £50 per occasion. This is refundable after the hiring is completed and the premises have been checked for any damage caused during your hire. The booking fee, less any additional costs incurred, will normally be refunded during the first week of the following month at the latest.
- If the full cost of the hiring (this is in addition to the deposit) is NOT RECEIVED by the Centre Office by the due date – THE BOOKING WILL BE CONSIDERED TO HAVE BEEN CANCELLED BY THE HIRER.
- The Hirer, during the period of the hiring, will be responsible for the good care of the premises, the fabric and the contents, health and safety of themselves and all members of their group, including proper supervision of car parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction of the highway and all exits from the premises. Any accidents or damage must be reported to a member of staff immediately.
- Hirers are reminded that they are responsible for any accident or injury arising out of the activity for which they have booked the premises. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that the premises are safe for the purpose for which they intend to use them.
- The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than the purpose stated on page 1. The Hirer shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way nor do anything to bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof nor allow the consumption of alcoholic liquor thereon without written permission.
- SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED anywhere on the premises or surrounding areas.
- Care should be taken when using the main hall floor. Tap dancing, stiletto heels and heavy boots are not permitted on the main hall floor.
- Nothing should be affixed to the walls, doors, floors or ceiling of the building.
- The premises must be vacated promptly at the time stated on page 1.
- All hirers are responsible for reading the Fire policy and ensuring all members of their group are aware of evacuation procedures. Hirers must report any health and safety issues or concerns to a member of staff.
- Any inappropriate or abusive behaviour towards each other or a member of staff will not be tolerated.
- The hirer must ensure visitors/spectators/parents attending activities do not bring dogs on site. Working dogs such as guide dogs are permitted.
- In booking your times, you must allow time for your group to set up and clear away afterwards.
- The hirer is responsible for removing all litter and leaving the premises as found.
- Management has the right to refuse entry and/or cancel a booking without notice or reimbursement of fees.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for obtaining such licences as may be needed from the Performing Right Society, from Phonographic Performance Ltd or other licences required including the sale of intoxicating liquor and the observance of those same licences.
- The Hirer shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
- The Hirer shall comply will all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, the local Magistrates’ Court or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which includes public dancing, music or other similar public entertainment or stage plays.
- The Hirer shall, if preparing, serving or selling food observe all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
- The Hirer shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought by him/her to the premises and used there shall be safe and in good working order, and should be used in a safe manner. If equipment brought into the building is faulty this could result in the electric trip switches being activated and the resultant loss of power will be the responsibility of the hirer.
- The Hirer is responsible that good order is maintained during the period of hire where sound amplification is used ensuring that no disturbance or nuisance is caused to persons in the locality giving rise to a formal complaint.
- The main hall is fitted with a noise restrictor; this will cut power if the noise level goes above the accepted level.
- The Hirer shall ensure that the minimum of noise is made on arrival and departure.
AT THE END OF THE HIRING
- At the end of the hiring, the Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surroundings in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured unless directed otherwise by the Centre Management and any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced, otherwise the Trustees shall be at liberty to make an additional charge. All solid waste e.g. bottle, cans packaging etc. to be removed from the premises by the Hirer.
- Property of the user must be removed immediately on completion of the hire of the building (unless storage has been agreed with the Trustees). Further charges will be raised until the same is removed if not done immediately.
- The Centre Management/Trustees accept no responsibility for any property left in the building. Regular users are advised to seek separate insurance to cover their members, activities and any property used or stored on the premises.
- The Hirer shall indemnify the Centre Management/Trustees for the cost of repair for any damage done to any part of the property including the curtilage thereof or contents of the buildings which may occur during the period of the hiring as a result of the hiring.
DEFECT OR INJURIES
- A book to record defects and injuries is maintained on the premises at Reception. The Hirer must record in this book any problem, breakage, injury, use of first aid supplies, etc. If a defect is hazardous, the Hirer must take immediate safety measures, and report the defect to a member of the centre staff immediately. Defective equipment must not be used until it has been repaired and inspected.
BOOKING REFUSUAL AND CANCELLATIONS
- The Centre Management reserves the right to cancel this hiring, in which case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit or payment already paid.
- In the event of the building or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired, the Centre Management shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
- The Centre Management reserve the right to refuse a booking without notice.
- All charges shall be paid direct to Portchester Community Centre. Payments must be made in advance. Cheques made payable to: Portchester Community Centre Ltd.
- It is important that any queries or problems with payments are brought to our attention immediately.
- All hirers must sign and adhere to the cancellation policy.
Children’s Birthday Parties
|£100 no returnable deposit.Less than 60 days’ notice 100%|
Other Room Hire
|60 – 30 days notice 50%|
|Less than 30 days notice 100%|
- The Centre Management may, at their discretion, retain all or part of the deposit charged if any of the above conditions are not met and the user will be further responsible for any additional costs incurred for replacements, repair of damage, extra cleaning or other expenses incurred by the hire.